Welcome to frequently Asked Questions! If you have a questions, please click submit to send your question to Stardust Weddings. One of our professionally trained Officiant will answer it.
~ Rev. Donna
Does Stardust Weddings give a Military Discount?
Yes. We at Stardust Weddings are honor of our military, police, and fire fighters. We are thankful every day that they are out there risking their lives so that we are safe. Therefore, we give Active Duty Military, Police Officers, and Fire Fighters a 10% discount on Star Packages 2, 3, and 4. ~ Rev. Donna
Who can perform Weddings in Texas?
Any Ordained ministers and priests; Jewish rabbis and persons who are officers of religious organizations and who are duly authorized by the organization to conduct marriage ceremonies may perform marriages.
— Ministers must complete the marriage license and return it to the county clerk who issued it within 30 days after the marriage.
What we do as Stardust Wedding Officiants
It takes an average of 10-15 hours of work per ceremony and can include the following:
- scheduling appointments, dealing with no-shows and couples who are late
- emails, phone calls
- sometimes months of work to nail down the ceremony, vow and reading choices
- research for particular non-traditional ceremonies; knowing where to look and our experience and education related to ceremonies aiding in finding the information
- ceremony prep, drafts, proof-reads, approvals, updates, modifications, last minute changes, re-approvals
- ceremony practice time
- travel time + mileage to and from rehearsal; gas
- waiting before rehearsal
- coordinating rehearsal
- travel time + mileage to and from wedding; gas
- waiting before ceremony
- signing your legal documents
- performing ceremony
- after a ceremony photo shoot paperwork, paperwork, paperwork; overhead costs (including advertising)
- mailing your legal documents
- Personal sacrifices–time lost with significant others on the weekends; typically officiate work is on Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Dealing with difficult family members, stressed out couples and inconsiderate vendors.
The most important part: We are professionally trained, experienced, consummate Officiants, who are honored to officiate your ceremony, without which there would be no marriage. Our fee is usually the least expensive cost in a typical wedding, yet the only required part. You can have a wedding without flowers, DJ, expensive dresses and fancy food. You can’t have a legal marriage without an Officiant.